Thursday, November 6, 2008

Financial Wizards

Today I wanted to write a short article on those who inspired me and planted the seed for the Semi-Frugal Lifestyle. First off my parents they are the perfect role model for my frugal lifestyle. I have learned more from them than they will ever know. I need to brag on them a little, they retired young. My Dad was 55 and Mom 50 when they retired and now they have so much life ahead of them. They have a farm which takes up a lot of their time. My Mom has gardens all over their 14 acre plot. They built and paid off their new home in less than 8 years. My Dad has stocks, bonds, mutual funds and various other investments socked away. Yes they too took a hit in the market like everyone else, but my Dad is a financial genius and he has a balanced portfolio, so even though they lost money, they didn’t loose too much. I could write all day about how they inspired me and what they taught me, but I think I need to move on to others.

Here is a short list of some of the people I have read and followed through out my short financial career.

  • Warren Buffett
  • Peter Lynch
  • Robert Kiyosaki
  • Donald Trump
  • Dave Ramsey
  • Suze Orman
  • Ben Stein
  • David Bach


Each and every one of these people has inspired me in ways they will never know. They are all amazing financial gurus in their own right. The success they have should serve as a model for each and every one of us who strive to become a financial whiz just like them.

In closing I would like to take the time to thank each and one of these fine individuals personally. They have taught me so much and will continue to do so. And without the push from my parents I would have never even gotten started. They are my mentors and I said before they have taught me more about finance and life than they will ever know. Thank you all!!

Comments, criticism, useful knowledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment