Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Semi-Frugal First Blog

Day 1

This is my first attempt at blogging on a subject I am passionate about. And I must give credit to those who inspired me to start this blog, FrugalDad and My Dollar Plan are 2 blogs I read daily. They both have taught me a lot about writing and blogging. I have many ideas that are running through my head on Semi-Frugal Living. Here is just a short list of a few of the ideas I have running around in my head.
  • Stock Market
  • The Dave Ramsey Way
  • Frugal Living
  • Debt Reduction
  • Real Estate

There are many more ideas, but for now I will focus on these.

The Stock Market

I am a stock market investor and yes I have weathered this crash. I did not sell any of my stocks, I held on sometimes with my finger on the sell button, but I held on. Actually I bought more stock. These are the times that make millionaires out of people. But, you must know when to buy and not sell your stock. I guess I am saying you have to have an iron gut, to weather out times like these.

Right now I have invested my money in Green stocks or Alternative Energy stocks as they are called. I believe that with the new president coming into office in January. The green stocks will have the support needed to explode. I think Barack Obama will make this a priority in his first term in office. Along with that we have the crashing economy, two wars to deal with and a host of other problems. But back to the subject of stocks. There are many incentives out there for start up companies and established companies a like to benefit, Congress has set aside billions of dollars to companies who can produce consumer level alternative energy solutions. Also, California is a big supporter in everything green. Don't believe me, just Google alternative energy and see what comes up.

This is all for now. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog, it will get better with time and comments from viewers. If you have an opinion let me know, I want to grow this and make it into a successful Blog.

Comments, criticism, useful knowledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment